Join us for a comprehensive and complimentary live webinar!
Thursday, May 28, at 1pm ET
With cord-cutting concerns on the rise, TV service providers are taking steps to retain market share and reduce churn among customers. The set-top box (STB) remains the primary access point for the consumer to content through their service provider, but market developments have led to a push for virtualizing STB functions. As the technology environment improves to support scalable cloud-based functions, providers will need to deliver virtualized functions along with features and capabilities that excite, attract and retain customers.
An opportunity exists for TV service providers to create a seamless cross-platform experience that delivers content with high-quality features and functions that today’s consumers are coming to expect as we move from an emulated experience to a truly portable experience.
In this webinar, we’ll explore:
- Current industry trends and a general overview of where the market is headed with STB functionality and video virtualization using IP cloud-based technologies
- How service providers are impacted by network infrastructure, data compression and cloud-based network functions
- The data impacts of moving DVR and storage functions to the cloud and the resulting data load reductions
- Virtualizing STB functions and what that means for legacy devices
- Recent developments that allow cloud DVR functionality in the United States
- How Entone is delivering next-generation personalized entertainment discovery experiences for consumers
- Rovi Cloud Services’ flexible, scalable and modular media APIs that enable the rapid creation and deployment of next-generation entertainment experiences
Featuring Park Associates and Entone
Sponsored by Rovi Corporation
| Glenn Hower
||Founder & CTO
||Dir. Product Mgmt.