Official Promotion Rules – Rovi Webinar
"Cutting Through the Clutter"
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
This promotion is promoted and being controlled by Rovi Corporation ("Rovi").
1. The Prize
The prize consists of one (1) Microsoft Xbox One game console, with a suggested retail price of $499.99 USD (the "Prize"). Only the one prize will be awarded.
2. Promotional Period
The promotion begins October 1st, 2014, at 9:00am Eastern Standard Time (EST) and ends on October 17th, 2014 at 12:00pm EST (the "Promotional Period").
The winner's name will be announced at the end of the webinar broadcast. In addition, the winner will be contacted by Rovi via email and/or by phone within two business days of the drawing. No other correspondence will be entered into related to this promotion and no notification of the results will be sent to persons other than to the winner. The winner's name can be obtained by written request sent to Rovi's Marketing Department, "Webinar: Boosting Viewer Engagement with Entertainment Metadata" Winner at 2830 De La Cruz Boulevard, Santa Clara, CA 95050 USA. Any such request must be received by Rovi within one month of the end of the Promotional Period, specify the name of the promotion as "Webinar: Boosting Viewer Engagement with Entertainment Metadata" and include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
4. How to Enter/Eligibility
To be eligible for the prize drawing, each entrant must register for the webinar titled "Boosting Viewer Engagement with Entertainment Metadata" and attend the webinar in its entirety. Entrants may access the registration form by (1) clicking on the link provided within the email announcing this promotion received by such entrant (for clarity, this applies only if entrant has received such an email), (2) clicking on online banner advertisements published by or on behalf of Rovi that refer to such webinar and that are available on various websites or enewsletters, or (3) by going to this link. Placement of banner advertisements and selection of websites that will display the banner advertisements are determined by and may be changed at any time by Rovi in its sole discretion without notice.
One (1) name will be selected by random drawing from among all webinar attendees. The winner must be registered as a webinar attendee and must be present at the webinar at the time the drawing occurs in order to be eligible to win. Only the one prize will be awarded.
By registering for and attending such webinar in its entirety, registrants will be automatically entered into the random drawing and deemed to have accepted these terms, conditions and rules and to have agreed to be bound by them. All information contained in the entries becomes the property of Rovi.
In addition, the following eligibility requirements must be satisfied:
1. The promotion is open to any professional employed in the field of technology who is (i) a legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and (ii) over the age of 21 years old.
2. The winner must have a valid driver's license or other government-issued identification and the ability to legally travel within the United States. In order to claim the prize, the winner must meet all eligibility requirements and may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within seven (7) days following the date of attempted notification. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
3. This promotion is not open to (i) employees, consultants, contractors or service providers of Rovi or any of its subsidiaries, (ii) any person directly or indirectly involved with the organization of the promotion (including but not limited to any employee, consultant or contractor of any promotion, advertising or other marketing agency working for Rovi) or (iii) the immediate family members of either of the above (i) or (ii).
4. No substitution, transfer, or assignment of the Prize is permitted, except that Rovi reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value in the event the offered Prize is unavailable. All taxes on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. There is no alternative for payment of the Prize in cash or otherwise.
5. Void where prohibited by law. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Limit one prize per person, per calendar year, regardless of the number of promotions entered into with Rovi. Non-winning entries from any drawing will not be carried over into subsequent prize drawings.
6. Entrants hereby grant to Rovi the right to use and publish their name and state online, in print, and in any other media in connection with the promotion. Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for Rovi to use winner's name, photographs, audio and/or visual recordings and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by U.S. law.
7. Rovi assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications-line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Rovi is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete or misdirected entries or any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software, or for failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Rovi on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this promotion.
8. Rovi reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the promotion if for any reason the program is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Rovi that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this promotion. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, Rovi reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Rovi cannot and does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the promotion or as a result of accepting any Prize. By entering, participants release and hold harmless Rovi and its affiliates and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability or any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this promotion or any prize won.
10. Entrants are required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
Entrants agree to abide by the terms of these official rules and by the decisions of Rovi, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this promotion. This promotion is governed by the laws of the State of California and the courts in Santa Clara County, California shall have jurisdiction over any dispute arising from this promotion.